There are two stages to SaaS selling:
A) Your customer has a problem.
B) Your SaaS business fixes it for a fee.
The point of conversion copy is to take your customer from Point A to Point B.
It’s as simple as that. But not easy.
There’s a lot that can go wrong along the way. Things like:
- People don’t understand the how your software exorcises their problems.
- People never bother to sign up for your software.
- People never discover HOW to sign up and try out your software
- People sign up for a free trial… then never use it.
- People never figure out how to use your software.
- People never discover the biggest, best features your software offers.
- People don’t realise how much their life is changed by your software.
- People don’t realise why your software is better than your competitors.
- People get hung up on the price of your software, instead of the massive value you give them.
- People forget about your software… or why they need you at all.
All of these can hurt your conversions of leads to long-term customers.
Sometimes it’s only one problem in the copy that drains away your flow of customers. Other times it’s a bunch of smaller leaks trickling your customers away.
How I plug the leaks in your SaaS copy.
1. I understand your customer.
(So that you can says things they care about)
This one is the most important step.
Because if you understand your customer’s world… what they care about… what their frustrations are… and how you can help them… you’ll grip their attention like a vice.
Without that attention… nothing else you say will matter. It’ll be like talking to the empty air.
Fruitless, and a little bit nuts.
Customer research (i.e. talking to them the right way) is how you discover what to say.
And I have just the questions to dig into your customers’ dreams, hopes, fears, and frustrations.
2. We can focus on the most important customer leak/s
(So that your customers never leave you)
Whether your SaaS company focuses on metrics such as…
– Lead Generation (website visitors who sign up for your mailing list, product demo, or free trial).
– Customer Acquisition (people who decide to sign up for your software)
– Customer Retention (people who still around month after month, using and paying for your software)
… it can be a waste of resources to chase after the smallest, insignificant leaks in your business.
We can work together to find and work on which metric/s will make the biggest difference to your bottom-line.
3. I’ll help your prospects understand how your software changes their lives
(So that they see you as their hero)
Once you understand your customer and have their attention, you can focus on converting their attention to understanding.
Telling a prospect what your software does is useless if they don’t understand what you say.
But if they understand the benefits your software offers… you’ll make a lifelong friend (as well as long-term customer).
4. I’ll analyse your competitors.
(So that your customers don’t run off with someone who won’t take care of them like you can)
If your customers leak away from you, then you need to understand where they end up instead.
If they end up with your inferior competitor… that’s both their loss and yours.
Let’s never give your customers a reason to run off with someone who’s not as good as you.
We can figure out what’s unique and beneficial about your business, that completely obliterates the competition from your customer’s mind.