Yo! Eyes down there👇👇👇
Reveals Overlooked Market Force
So Devious It Can
STOMP YOUR COPY FLAT
G’day Internet Person,
If you want to learn a secret mastered by fabled A-List copywriters…
––e.g. Gary Bencivenga, John Carlton, Carline Anglade-Cole, David Deutsch, Kim Krause Schwalm, Gary Halbert, David Ogilvy and more––
Then I recommend you master one of the most overlooked insights in Schwartz’s masterpiece Breakthrough Advertising…(One I almost NEVER hear Schwartz fanboys gush over. Go figure.)
If you fumble this up…
Your audience scoffs every word you say.
––they mentally hit ‘unsubscribe’ on you––
And ‘nope’ out your copy before you can croak out an offer.
But master this market force…
And you have complete access to someone’s deepest––sometimes darkest 😇😈––fears and desires.
(Something I’ve heard is great for conversions and sales. Apparently.)
Harnessing this market force takes skill.
A skill that separates the men from the boys…
The women from the girls…
And the gremlins from the mogwais.
(*Free snack if you get that 80’s reference. Don’t eat after midnight.*)
That’s why when you look at the great masters of copy…
You see the pros
practically use this
They’ve conquered what Schwartz called “the most difficult, the most challenging problem of all” in copywriting.
You see it in their headlines. You see it in their leads.
You’ve probably felt that spark of excitement when you read their swipes. That natural high while you snort their copy through your nostrils and inhale as deep as you go.
If you study Schwartz’s teachings…
You can see how you can use this market force too. So you can…
Watch your competitors buzz round the echo-chamber
of prices, products, promises,
sleazy salesmanship and dwindling sales…
While you instantly…
– Zap dying markets back to life.
– Open up new audiences (like Moses and the Red Sea).
– And write the greatest copy of your career. (Where you make fans ‘ooh’ and ‘aah’ and squawk at you with envy.)
All of which tend to be good for sales.
Is it easy?
But worth it.
Schwartz wasn’t kidding when he called it hard but rewarding.
In Michael Masterson and John Forde’s ‘Great Leads’––a modern direct response classic––
This market force is the playground
where ‘the pros compete’
And ‘where smart marketers
make their fortunes’.
Gary Bencivenga preaches its power in his famous Bencivenga Bullets.
John Carlton teases you with this in some of his greatest headlines.
Gary Halbert’s most famous sales letter built an empire on this.
David Ogilvy used it to ignite his ‘Hathaway’ ads to roaring success.
The Wall Street Journal’s 2 billion dollar sales letter almost slaps it in your face.
Even the legendary Robert Cialdini—God of Persuasion Bibles—shares this secret in his classics ‘Influence’ and ‘Pre-Suasion’.
So what’s this power?
That ‘smart marketers’ have but you might not?
The primal market force commanded by the pros is…
…(dot dot dot)…
It sounds too simple––at first.
But don’t underestimate its depth.
Or Infinity Gem-like power.
When your market hits Schwartz’s 5th Stage of Awareness OR his 5th Stage of Sophistication…
––Where your run-of-the-mill features and benefits are as strong as soggy cardboard––
Identity is how you blow your competitors out the water. And get customers to flock to YOU.
(Seriously. Read through his ‘Breakthrough Advertising’ again. It’ll pop at ya.)
If you want to truly master the art of copy…
~~AND long-term customer relationships~~
You need to master the market force of Identity.
The reason why?
Our identity is the CORE of why we do things.
It’s the number one driver of your gains and pains.
Dan Ariely (best-selling author at Duke University with PhDs in Cognitive Psychology and Business Admin) found we pay through the nose when we want something we’ve poured our identity into.
Identity is how we relate to ourselves.
It’s how other people relate to you.
And the right identity decides whether customers KLT (Know Like Trust) you.
That’s why it’s the market force that can make or break your success.
In short: Identity is bloody powerful.
Mastering it takes time.
But I’ve got good news for you:
I’ve wasted a good chunk of my life
so you don’t have to waste yours.
Hello! *waves in Australian*
The name’s Lucus. That’s my face. The front bit at least.
Here’s how I got started down this path of identity mastery…
[Edit: ***EPIC, PERILOUS, AND RELATABLE BACKSTORY CUT FOR TIME***]
Crazy story huh?
Can you believe the psycho hook-hand man was my father?
And that’s how I started my epic journey into the power of identity for your sales (and attracting your loyal customers).
But enough about me.
Back to you.
Once you notice how the greats use identity in their copy…
You see it EVERYWHERE.
But in some ways…
I’ve already done the looking for ya.
I’ve scoured insights from marketing greats, psychologists, Hollywood storytellers, high-performing CEOs, elite athletes, and more.
And hoarded hundreds of examples along the way.
All together in my ‘Identity Vault’.
And guess what?
I want to share ‘em with you.
– How to use identity to influence people who HATE being bossed around. See the campaign that turned hard-trucking, antiauthoritarian Texas ‘Bubbas’ into anti-littering angels. Do this right and sometimes you don’t even need a ‘proper’ CTA. Use this if you hate bullying sales tactics.
– Master the ‘corruption’ method of storytelling that scared the bejeesus out of 1900’s puritans. Prudes deemed this persuasion principle so dangerous, so powerful… they seized Hollywood to officially BAN its misuse for 34 years. It works on everyone from wannabe gangsters to mere ragamuffins. Yet tender-hearted marketers will love this approach. Sign-up below to find out why.
– Use 8 words carefully crafted by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams to trigger an identity crisis in your audience. This can inject bucketloads of agitation (which is great for copy and sales). Yet you’ll see how this can also be the final push prospects need to end their self-sabotage––and buy what you offer.
– Beware the dreaded ‘See-Saw’ Principle that makes would-be fans secretly lust for your downfall––As revealed by the ‘Supreme All-Father of Improvisation’. Whether you’re a saint or sinner––or a sexy charismatic mix––applying this principle correctly can make the difference between fans throwing money at you vs gleefully dragging your head to the chopping block.
– How to use your deeply set values to draw people to you and build a loyal (and profitable) fanbase. Howard Stern calls this laughably simple secret the “single most important rule” behind success in radio. But it’s not just for shock jocks. You also see this powerful secret ‘hidden in plain sight’ in the entire career of ‘nice man’ Fred Rogers.
– And a barf-load of other examples. Ones you can use within minutes of reading them.
I’m offering you glimpses like this into my ‘Identity Vault’.
Not for $47*
Not even the previous retail price of $64,929.042*
(*All prices here are nonsense. Like many fake price-tags on sales page bundles and bonuses 🙄)
Instead you’ll get a peek in the vault for no cash at all.
That’s right, nothing.
These glittering insights are a zero-risk $0.
Yours for free.
Nada. Zip. Zilch… Nilch.
Because of Bruce Lee:
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”― Bruce Lee
Practising a skill 10,000 times can make you really good at something.
So each time I write about identity…
I get a kick out of it…
You get a kick out of it…
And we get closer to the 10,000 kicks we need to master this life-changing skill.
Writing to an email list (ie YOU) gives me a kick up the backside to get this show on the road and write up even more insights for ya.
And I don’t know anyone else who offers you tickets on this identity journey.
You’ve made it this far.
Join me for the rest if you want.
(Or just quietly watch me from the sidelines. Wisely learning from my mistakes.)
You wanna learn how to use identity,
to make sales and fans aplenty?
If yes, click below to sign up for my email newsletter below:
Watch my own foolhardy journey from the safety of your inbox.
You’ll immediately receive daily emails with the insights I mention above.
After that—if you stick around—watch your inbox for even more glimpses down the rabbit hole.
You’ll get ‘em probably daily-ish.
And if you ever find it a bit much?
I hold only WILLING prisoners.
Chained by enthusiasm.
So sign up below to receive your free handcuffs.
Caveman P.S. –– For Lazy ‘Get-To-The-Point’ Skimmers:
Identity in copy = Good.
Real good marketers use identity real good.
For much sales.
You much want use identity real good too?
Sign free newsletter below to learn how identity real good: